Inflexion Private Equity is pleased to announce that it has opened an office in Stockholm covering the Nordic region. The office will continue Inflexion’s proven strategy of backing high growth, entrepreneurial businesses led by ambitious management teams and working in partnership with them to accelerate growth.
Inflexion’s flexible approach allows for both majority and minority investments in the Nordic region with equity investments of €15m - €450m across the core sectors of Business Services, Technology, Healthcare, Industrials, Consumer and Financial Services.
Inflexion has a successful track record of directly investing across the Nordic region as well as supporting the expansion of its portfolio in the region with investments including:
- Nomentia, a cash and treasury management software based in Finland with customers in over 80 countries
- Infront, a leading financial data and software solutions provider headquartered in Oslo with operations across 13 countries in Europe and South Africa
- Wood Thilsted, a global engineering consultancy, with significant operations in Denmark that designs the foundations for some of the largest offshore wind farms in the world
- European LifeCare Group, an independent travel clinic provider based in Copenhagen with operations across Denmark and the UK
- EcoOnline, a Norway-based environmental, health and safety SaaS market leader, merged with the software division of Inflexion portfolio company Alcumus
- Nordic Trustee, the market leading provider of trustee and agency services in the Nordics, acquired by Inflexion portfolio company Ocorian
Inflexion Partner Henrik Nordman, who has over a decade of private equity experience from both Inflexion and previously with Bridgepoint, where he was based between Stockholm and London, will have responsibility for Nordic investments. Newly appointed Investment Director Petter Svensson, who joins Inflexion from Bridgepoint in Stockholm, and Investment Executive John Persson, who joins Inflexion from Bank of America in Stockholm, will bring significant local expertise to the team, taking the total number of Nordic nationals within the Inflexion investment team to six.
As with Inflexion’s Benelux office which opened in 2020, the Nordic team will work closely with Inflexion’s sector teams and global network to identify exciting new investment opportunities across the region. Investees will have full access to Inflexion’s value acceleration levers to support growth including M&A, international expansion, digital enhancement, commercial effectiveness, ESG and talent management.
Inflexion has had support from leading Nordic investors for a number of years including state pensions, insurance companies and asset managers.
We are pleased to formally establish a presence in the Nordics following a number of successful investments in the region. Our experience in backing high-growth companies in the region combined with the support we have from Nordic limited partners makes it a natural next step as Inflexion expands its footprint further across Europe.
Opening our new office in the Nordics is an incredible opportunity for Inflexion. Establishing an on the ground presence will enable us to foster deeper connections with local businesses, entrepreneurs, and advisors and together, we will unlock new opportunities to back high quality Nordic businesses looking to expand in their home and international markets.