Developments across the globe over the last six months have been challenging in myriad ways. We moved swiftly to ensure the safety of our staff and that of our portfolio companies. We’ve been impressed by at the accelerated uptake of technology to enable effective remote working, something which we believe will have benefits beyond this immediate need. The resilience of the teams we back has been remarkable.
As firm believers in the benefits of knowledge sharing, we hosted a series of events for our network and portfolio to help facilitate collaboration and cooperation. These spanned a variety of sectors and topics, and some summaries can be found .
We have also continued to partner with ambitious management teams looking to grow their businesses, and are proud to have completed two new investments as well as numerous add-on acquisitions for our portfolio in the UK and internationally. Looking forward, whilst the economic outlook is uncertain, we continue to look for new opportunities to partner with driven teams in pursuit of growth. And we remain well capitalised to do so, with £3.25 billion of freshly raised committed capital to invest into high-growth businesses.
We are proud that in addition to displaying admirable resilience in this time, our portfolio is giving back to the community:
- Alcumus, a provider of technology-enabled business assurance and compliance risk management solutions, is offering guidance and advice on COVID-19 and how to effectively protect the health, safety and wellbeing of employees, third-party contractors and business’ supply chains during this challenging time
- Aspen Pumps, a market leading manufacturer of specialist pumps, has been providing face masks to GPs and most recently has manufactured and produced hand sanitiser for its customers
- Lane Clark & Peacock LLP, a financial consultancy specialising in pensions, investment and insurance, has published advice for businesses covering an array of topics related to its clients’ needs around managing the impact of COVID-19
- Lintbells, a provider of nutritional supplements for pets, is lending its office space to a charity that helps provide food to NHS workers and have started the #RescueYourRescue nationwide emergency fund-raising appeal that will urgently provide vital funds for pet rescue charities affected by COVID-19
- PharmaSpectra, a global provider of medical affairs data to the pharma and biotech industry, is providing its coronavirus database free of charge
- Qdos, a specialist provider of managed IT and communications to the hospitality industry and part of Ridgewall, is offering free Communication & Collaboration products to support those working from home during this time
- Times Higher Education, the world leader in university data and rankings, is offering its events virtually free of charge and is hosting events examining the impact of COVID-19 on higher education
The Inflexion Foundation has also donated £2.5 million to support organisations providing much-needed urgent support to help combat this global and severe pandemic.